Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Textos que falam comigo

I have the memory of a conversation with a friend of mine that, at some point, said something of the kind "It was like he was talking to me." I feel it too, once in a while. I guess that's when you grasp the real pleasure of reading. You start reading and you forget what you are actually doing. The words you read and your mind unite in one single state. I could just as well say that I agree with the author... However, for me, agreeing is one thing, acquiescing is another; you give in, you surrender to what is printed or uttered as if there is no other way to transmit it. Haven’t you often felt you had the word on the tip of your tongue? Haven't you almost yell "Exactly, that is exactly what I mean!"? Anyway, I'm not claiming a finding here, just rephrasing how one can be shaken by simple things such as paper and whatever coloured-scribbling.

2 comments:

Miss-I-Am-Free-Because-I-Belong-Nowhere said...

Bem....só agora passei aqui e vi com mais atenção esta imagem....ora aí está uma bela parede do Tate Modern ;)! Beautiful!!!!

Ai Londres Londres....mágica Londres...o que fazer com e sem "ela"?

Ensaios said...

É verdade Anuskas, é uma foto que tirei numa das minhas idas ao Tate Modern Gallery. Um dos meus museus favoritos.

Resistem muitas saudades...